|Page (3) of 3 - 11/04/04||email article||print page|
Software at AESDAW applications, utilities, and plugins, plugins, plugins
- Virtual Katy is a new conforming software package for Mac and PC audio files, which finds and compares the differences between picture versions, and then re-conforms audio from a Pro Tools session to reflect any changes. It comes in two versions: VK Premium, with reel re-balancing and analysis of multiple video layers for postproduction; and VK Lite, for film or television post editors, with access to the VK comparison engine for direct analysis of changes.
- DTS Pro Series 6.1 Surround Encoder, for Mac or PC. Also announced was the DTS Pro Series Network Encoder, networked solution for large post-production facilities based on Apples Xserve RAID storage system. Both encoders can be used to create multi-channel DTS, DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 soundtracks for DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and 5.1 CD titles.
- Applied Acoustics Systems introduced the 32 voice Ultra Analog VA-1 virtual analog synthesizer, a 24bit/192kHz
polyphonic intrument based on physical modeling that calculates sounds in real time with no samples using
32bit floating point internal processing. It functions as a standalone instrument with no host application required.
Ultra Analog VA-1
- BIAS SoundSoap 2, an upgrade to the company's audio cleaning software for Mac OS X and Windows XP. New for version 2 are Remove Click & Crackle and Enhance features, plus plug-in compatibility with Audio Units and RTAS/AudioSuite host applications.
- Circle Surround showed its encoding and decoding system, designed for broadcasters, musicians and content providers to deliver 5.1 surround sound over standard stereo broadcasting infrastructure, DVDs and CDs.
- Cycling '74 announced Incidental Gesture, the third volume in the Cycles series of audio source libraries. Produced and edited by Ron MacLeod, Incidental Gesture features active sonic textures and melodic meanderings for musical compositions or media projects.
- Sony announced Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series ? five volumes of sound effects and audio design from the vaults of Sony Pictures Entertainment, with 1,200 sound clips ranging from rollercoasters, room tones and rocket launchers, to biplanes, Bengal tigers, and barroom brawls.
- Tascam GigaStudio version 3.02 software was announced, addressing ReWire problems encountered when rendering audio while the GigaStudio virtual sampler was ReWired into a DAW
Related Keywords:audio software, AES convention, DAW, plugins, ACID 5, Pro Tools, SONAR 4, Nuendo 3, Virtual Katy
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved