|Page (2) of 3 - 11/04/04||email article||print page|
Software at AESDAW applications, utilities, and plugins, plugins, plugins
- FXpansion's BFD 8 Bit Kit is the second expansion pack for the company's BFD acoustic drum module.
|BFD 8 Bit Kit |
- Trillium Lane Labs announced TL Aggro and TL AutoPan, new effects plug-ins for the Pro Tools platform.
- SoundToys Inc. (formerly Wave Mechanics), announced EchoBoy TDM, the industrys first fully-featured studio quality echo/delay for Pro Tools systems. Available in December 2004 for $495. The company also
announced an AES special limited time promotion where visitors to its booth could pick up a coupon entitling them to purchase any one of the four UltraFX plug-ins for $99 (MSRP $249).
- IK Multimedia announced Sonik Synth 2, a 16-part multi-timbral sample-based synth workstation with more than 5,000 sounds (8 GB of samples), 32 analog modeled DSP effects, and multiple synth engines. IK Multimedia has expanded its IR Convolution Reverb plug-in series with the IR-360, for multi-channel surround sound; IR-1 Version 2, which now lets users capture their own samples; and IR-L, an entry-level light version offering simpler controls.
|Sonik Synth 2|
- Plugzilla announced that Princeton Digital is bundling its VST reverb plug-in, 2016 Stereo Room, with Plugzillas standalone plugin player. Stereo Room is one of the reverbs from the legendary Eventide SP2016
- Waves Ltd. showed its new L3 Peak Limiter, which uses a linear-phase crossover with user-definable frequencies to divide the audio into five bands without phase distortion between bands. The signal then enters the Peak Limiter Mixer employing psychoacoustics to maximize headroom use, intelligently determining how much attenuation to apply in each band. The result is maximum loudness and minimum intermodulation, without losing brick-wall limiting.
Waves L3 Ultramaximizer
- Universal Audio announced the availability of its Pro Tools TDM plugins for Windows XP, including LA-2A, 1176SE, 1176LN, the Pultec EQP-1A vintage EQ and Cambridge EQ. Previously available for Macintosh OS9 and OSX platforms, they are now fully cross-platform. Universal Audio also announced the Plate 140 Reverb plugin for its UAD-1 powered plugins card
Plate 140 Reverb
- SoundField announced the release of the new Surround Zone plug-in for Pro Tools on both Mac and PC platforms.
- Cycling '74 Pluggo for Windows, native audio processing plug-ins available for Windows XP for host applications supporting the VST and RTAS formats. Cycling '74 also bowed Soundflowerbed, a monitoring application for its free Soundflower audio routing utility for Mac OS X. Soundflowerbed resides in the OS X menu bar allowing the user to tap into Soundflower channels and route them to an audio output device. Soundflowerbed is useful when the user is sending audio to and from applications but unable to send audio through another device to monitor audio output. Plus,
Cycling '74 and Octiv Inc. announced Octirama, a Surround Dynamics Processor for ProTools, the first full-featured, multi-band dynamics processor for 5.1 Surround Mastering for the Pro Tools TDM environment.
- TC Electronics announced two new Powercore plugins: Powercore MD3 Stereo mastering package (from System 6000), and Powercore Character from Noveltech. It also bowed the PowerCore Compact portable host with FireWire ports and 12 included plug-ins.
Character for Powercore
- Sony announced the Oxford Reverb Plug, a non-convolution reverb for Pro Tools HD Accel, HD, LE, MacOS9, OSX and WinXP platforms available in November at a suggested list price of $1,095 for the PTH-REVG2 (HD version) and $550 for the PTL-REVG2 (LE version).
Oxford Reverb Plug
- Arturia debuted the 2600V, a virtual recreation of the ARP 2600.
- Metric Halo debuted the ChannelStrip Native 2.0 for OS X, giving the console-style channel strip audio processing plugin support for AU, MAS, VST, and RTAS.
- Muse Research ships 1.0.1 software for its hardware plugin player Receptor, and announces support for DiscoDSP VSTs Discovery and Vertigo, FXpansion Percussion plugins, Applied Acoustics Tassman VSTi plugin, and GMEDIA MUSIC impOSCar plugin
- Spectrasonics introduced its Stylus RMX groove module plugin
Related Keywords:audio software, AES convention, DAW, plugins, ACID 5, Pro Tools, SONAR 4, Nuendo 3, Virtual Katy
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved